Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Can't you bomb something else?

No. I want to get them all. I think it would be really awesome if somehow my little town became known for having whimsical bike racks, in addition to the things we are already known for. Someone else is also decorating bike racks around here, which is super happy :)

So I was being all sketchy last night and doing my yarn bombing in the dark because I didn't have a chance during the day, and I put up these 2.

A latte brown one by the monster coffee chain


Purple-y black by the LCBO


Some drunk dude saw me and rambled at me about streetsareforpeople.org, and while that isn't exactly what yarn bombing is about I'm all for movement away from cars so it was appreciated. I guess making bike racks pretty encourages people to bike instead of drive? Not my intention but I like the idea!

And then today I put up a bee-inspired one by the health-food store, which was met with the comment 'That's a welcome improvement!' from a mother and her teenage son.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! :) I'll link your site in my blog so people can see other yarn bombs you've done :) Now I need to go to uptown and see your new ones in person :)
    Thanks for making uptown more beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!!! I really like your blog by the way :D

    ReplyDelete