Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Game on!

I went back to check up on (and photograph) the last few yarnbombs I put up - only to find that one of them had been taken down! Already! It had only been up for 5 days max. Disappointing.

This tree by the engineering buildings used to have a green band around its trunk. Now it is gone. I can only conclude that engineers don't appreciate yarnbombs... or that they hate neon green. Shed a tear and plan to replace it.

I also discovered that an older yarnbomb on campus had been taken down. That one survived for a couple months though, which isn't nearly as bad. I didn't take a picture of that pole because I figure one image of a failed yarnbomb is enough.

At least this one is still there. It is in the arts area. It's kind of out of the way, and maybe this will translate into a longer lifespan.

I really like trees as targets, because you don't run into the problem of the fabric scrunching up as much. The bark gives it good grip.




This yarnbomb was put up Friday afternoon and is on a sidestreet as it connects to a
busy street uptown. Because of the earthy colours I think it's the kind of thing you wouldn't really notice unless you were on foot, or possibly if you were super observant. Here's hoping the cops that stopped me last week don't see it... it's only a couple blocks from where my police confrontation occurred. I don't think cops spend a whole lot of time on foot though.

Lastly, this is one I put up today. It is on campus, outside one of the Environmental Studies buildings. I like how it kind of blends into the colour of the beam. Sneaky.

Well, that concludes my recent knit vandalism adventures.

No comments:

Post a Comment