Thursday, July 15, 2010

Dangle bombs?

So I went to Michael's today with some friends, and on our way out Zilliah thought it would be good to check the dumpsters. Because dumpster diving at Michael's is such an adventure. So we did, despite it being the middle of the day. And we scored! So much.
It sickens me how much perfectly good stuff they throw out... today it was all about the harvest-y floral deco crap. This stuff normally sells for so much money! No wonder box craft stores are so expensive, they have to recoup all the money they lose from throwing out stuff like this.


We got super excited about the balls, and turned them into 'dangle bombs' by poking holes into them and threading yarn through the holes and securing them with pony beads. Look how many we made! Rather, look how many they got rid of..


Our plan is to attach them to these overhanging beams in a rock garden on campus. We didn't do it today because the forecast called for thundershowers. We're not sure how well they're going to hold up when it rains, but hopefully they will make people happy for a few days at least when they first go up. They will look something like this:


In other news, I put up these twin yarnbombs outside an excellent independent videostore yesterday on my way back from craft night. This meant breaking my new rule about doing things during the day, but in this case it just made more sense to do it this way. I'd just finished them and had them in my bag, so I let convenience win. (came back today for the pictures though)

No comments:

Post a Comment