Sunday, August 1, 2010

Backdating

So I stopped posting recently because I dropped the thing that lets my SIM card talk to my computer, so while I have pictures I can't do anything with them at the moment :(

This doesn't mean that I've stopped yarnbombing though! In fact, there has been much excitement recently. And other people have picture that I'm going to steal because they're better than mine anyways. And I'm a stealer. I took them from here and here

Here are the top three exciting things that have happened in the last couple weeks:

1. Last Thursday, Zilliah and I dangle-bombed the rock garden on campus. It was exciting. A really awesome girl was playing the harmonica below us and didn't notice until we started releasing them (we attached them all and let them down at the end), and she said some very nice things. The construction workers seemed amused if confused.








2. The manager of Chainsaw 'caught' me yarnbombing and hinted that he wanted me to get their patio. This was on Wednesday. By Friday, Zilliah and I had put these up.



3. All of the bike racks uptown have been hit! Except for 6(?) outside the Valumart, which I think we will do but I am a bit hesitant because they might not be city property.. and I did one of them in the fall and it got taken down pretty quickly. But it's possible that now that all the other bike racks are cozy, these ones will stay. I'm not going to put pictures because there are about 22 of them and a bunch have already been photographed here anyways. But it's exciting!

Next project: frills for garbage cans. Mwahaha

Last comment: on Chainsaw adventure day, we heard two really good alternate ways of describing yarnbombing that I think are actually kind of better:
Granny graffiti (!!!!!!!!!)
The cozy brigade (in reference to us)
It was exciting.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kadie, I really like what you and others (how many of you are there exactly?) are doing with our city and I fully support your continuation. May the yarn rule the town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!! Thank you!! That's a good question actually. I don't really know because I can't account for all the yarnbombs. Most of the ones uptown were put up by myself, Zilliah and Kevin. But there seem to be other people that are also contributing to the beautification of the city.

    ReplyDelete