Tuesday, August 10, 2010

More of the same

Have been slowly attacking the garbage cans - attacking with whimsy! hehehe. Here are a couple pics

This one is outside Uptown 21. I met the wonderful lady that owns it and her adorable daughter a little while ago. The daughter (age 4 maybe? I'm bad at guessing kids' ages) told me that she really liked my knit thingies, so I made this with her in mind.


Last night I put this one up. I'm starting to think that yarnbombing is one of the few acceptable uses of eyelash yarn.


While I was putting it up, a lady came and talked to me about how these things made her happy. She had a really interesting suggestion: to create a system whereby people could donate surplus yarn for yarnbombing purposes! I thought that was a really cool idea. She seemed to think that people would do this.. I'm not sure, but I certainly wouldn't say no to yarn donations! Maybe at some point I'll organize such a system.
I found out that her favourite colour is purple and I'm going to tag a pole outside her place of work as soon as possible.

This is the caterpillar tag from a little while ago.


Closeup to try to capture the awfulness of the yarn:


And here's a set of pipes in an alley that I'm slowly beautifying.

No comments:

Post a Comment